Navitas sponsors new CISWA award in international education
30th May, 2018 Feature story:
The Council for International Students in Western Australia (CISWA) has announced the creation of a new industry award. Sponsored by Navitas, the ‘Outstanding Individual in International Education’ award recognises the significant achievements of an individual who has enhanced the lives of international students, and/or the success of the Western Australia international education sector during FY18.
The award will be presented by Navitas Co-founder and Managing Director Rod Jones at the 25th Annual CISWA Winter Conference award ceremony in July, to recognise the achievements of those working in the international education sector.
The CISWA committee is now accepting nominations that demonstrate the following selection criteria:
• Leadership, innovation and creativity;
• Contribution to the experience of international students through innovative practices and/or on-going support;
• Contribution to the success of the international education industry through leadership and/or the introduction of innovative practices;
• Contribution to international education in WA through training, development and leadership of others involved in supporting international students and/or in growing the industry; and
• The extent to which his/her example has inspired and been followed by others.
President for the Council for International Students of WA, Kevin McKenna PhD said, “As an organisation that aims to improve the wellbeing of international students studying in WA, CISWA sees that the Individual of the Year in International Education award will recognise the outstanding contributions of an education ambassador who is championing the growth of Western Australia in the international education sector.
“This year marks a milestone occasion for CISWA as we’ll be celebrating 55 years of servicing WA as an independent non-profit organisation.”
Seeing the need to recognise international education champions, Navitas Co-founder and Managing Director Rod Jones put forward the idea for the new award to CISWA.
“I recognised that there were many individuals who were contributing to the success of the international education industry through their leadership and implementation of innovative practices,” said Mr Jones.
“This award celebrates the achievements of these outstanding individuals contributing to the WA education economy.”
Founded in 1963, CISWA is a community-based organisation that supports lecturers, student administrators and support staff, by offering a range of professional development programs, tailored services and intensive training courses. Members include universities, private colleges, other educational institutions and government institutes such as the Department of Home Affairs, the Department of Education Services and the WA Police force.
The 25th Annual CISWA Winter Conference will take place on Thursday 5 July and will include a ceremony that announces recipients of the following awards;
• International Student of the Year (Sponsored by the City of Perth)
• International Educational Institution of the Year (Sponsored by Medibank)
• Outstanding Individual of the Year in International Education (Sponsored by Navitas
To nominate an individual for their contribution to International Education in WA, head to the CISWA website for more information at www.ciswa.com