Navitas launches new BC Internationalization Innovation Grant
18th Jun, 2018 Feature story:
As a proud member of the British Columbia international higher education community in Canada, Navitas North America has announced the launch of an inaugural professional development grant, the ‘BC Internationalization Innovation Grant’, valued up to CAD$10,000.
The announcement was made this week at the annual British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE) conference in Vancouver, home to Navitas’ Fraser International College (FIC) located on the campus of Simon Fraser University.
BCCIE is an organisation that supports and promotes the internationalization efforts of BC’s private colleges and universities, with an aim to enhance BC’s international reputation for quality education, and support the international education activities of the provincial government.
The Selection Criteria for the BC Internationalization Innovation Grant will give consideration to the following guiding principles:
• Individuals, groups and companies across all education sectors from K-12, Higher Education, ESL and education related start-ups are eligible to apply;
• Projects need to address the area of professional development, research, program development or EdTech, and based around the theme; Advancing innovation in international education (Note: other areas may be permitted at the discretion of the selection committee);
• Applicants need to provide a detailed proposal/project brief on how they plan to use the grant funds;
• The proposal should include a set of clearly defined objectives, a timeline and budget; and
• The main applicant must be a resident of British Columbia.
If multiple recipients are awarded funding, the grant will be shared between all recipients with a maximum award of CAD$5,000 per application.
The grant application will be available in late June and the submission period will be open until September 30, 2018.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.