Navitas University Preparation Program
Navitas works in collaboration with reputable key partners in various places around the world to deliver in-country programs that help students prepare for life in another country and university studies overseas before they leave home. These programs can consist of English language preparation, pre-university preparation programs, first-year-degree transfer programs and pre-Masters preparation programs.
Navitas Tertiary Preparation Program (TPP)
The Navitas Tertiary Preparation Program (TPP) is a unique opportunity for students to complete some of their preparation for overseas study in Australia, Canada, Singapore, the UK or USA, before they leave their country. The program is designed to improve students’ Academic English skills, enable students to undertake pre-university studies and provide students with a better understanding of the study environment and learning expectations associated with overseas study.
The Tertiary Preparation Program includes:
Selected levels from the Navitas English Program (an innovative, communicative and comprehensive English language program that raises the student’s level of English language proficiency), and selected non-award units derived from the Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation program, a pre-university course designed to assist students prepare for their Bachelor degree overseas.
If you are interested in doing a Uni Prep Program with Navitas, or if you belong to a school or college that is interested in being part of the Uni Prep Program, contacts us today at navitasTPP@navitas.com
Navitas English Program
The key to success in studying at a university in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, the USA and Singapore is confident use of high level academic English, and a lot of preparation time for many students thinking about overseas studies is focused on improving their English language level.
Navitas can assist in developing these crucial skills by providing an innovative, communicative and comprehensive English language program to its partner schools and colleges, which is designed to raise student’s English language proficiency to a level that is suitable for university study.
The program is based on detailed teacher’s notes, student workbooks and computer-based software, which compliment classroom activities. The entire Navitas English program consists of over 1,200 hours of face-to-face tuition and includes:
- General English (600 hours of face-to-face tuition)
- Academic English (600 hours of face-to-face tuition)
- IELTS preparation (120 hours of face-to-face tuition)
Navitas English is suitable for students who must achieve a specific English language score for entry into pre-university or first year degree programs:
- Students must achieve an IELTS of 5.0 or equivalent* to enter: the Tertiary Preparation Program in-country; or Navitas’ pre-university programs overseas (Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation Program in Australia & Singapore; University Foundation Program in UK; UTP Stage I in Canada).
- Students must achieve an IELTS 5.5–6.0 or equivalent* to enter Navitas’ first year degree programs overseas (Diploma programs in Australia and Singapore; First Year Degree Programmes in UK; UTP Stage II in Canada; and UPP and IUTP in USA).
Navitas English prepares students for future stages of study within their home country as well as for future overseas study. The Navitas English Program may be offered as a stand-alone program or combined with other University Preparation Program study options, like the TPP or Navitas First-Year-Degree Program.
Navitas First-Year-Degree Transfer Program
In partnership with reputable colleges and universities, Navitas can deliver a selection of units relevant to first year degree programs taught at a number of Navitas colleges. This program would usually be comprised of pre‑course English language preparation and 2–4 units from a Navitas first year degree program.
Students would receive recognition for these units at participating Navitas colleges, allowing students to complete some of their degree studies in their own country, reducing the study time spent overseas, and providing savings on living costs and course fees in many cases.
Navitas Pre-Masters Preparation Program
The Tertiary Preparation Program, comprised of English language preparation and selected not-for-credit pre-university academic units, can also be delivered as a Pre-Master’s Preparation program. By undertaking such a program students seeking to undertake postgraduate studies overseas will improve their English language proficiency whilst undertaking academic studies in subject areas such as Critical Thinking, Tertiary Communication, Research Methodology and Computing, as well as gaining an understanding of the different learning environment and expectations associated with university study overseas.
- 5 reasons to do a Navitas University Preparation Program
- 1Improve your English language skills, which is critical to your success at university overseas.
- 2Save costs by completing part of your Navitas studies in your country before you continue studying with Navitas overseas.
- 3Be better prepared for your life overseas and university in Australia, the UK, Canada, USA and Singapore before you leave home.
- 4Navitas’ various University Preparation Programs provide pathways into Navitas pre-university and first-year-degree programs in Australia, the UK, Canada, USA and Singapore.
- 5The University Preparation Program pathways allow entry into a range of leading universities in Australia, the UK, Canada, USA and Singapore.